Effective: September 11, 2015 – Last modified: September 11, 2015
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to marketing communication, fill out a form, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
● To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
● To personalize your experience on our website.
● To improve our website.
● To administer contests, promotions, or a survey.
● To quickly process your transactions.
● To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
● Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
● We use regular Malware Scanning.
● We utilize an SSL certificate to encypt any data you submit when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your account information.
● We do not use an SSL certificate at this time. We do not need an SSL because order payment details, credit card numbers and other sensitive personal information are only collected by our payment processor. It is never revealed to us or stored on our website server or database.
● We do not store sensitive information (ie. credit cards) on our servers. We use a payment gateway provider for all payment processing and your information can only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights.
● Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
● Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
● Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
● Keep track of advertisements.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through settings in your browser (like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome). Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some website features will be disabled. It won’t affect the users experience. However, you will still be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have implemented the following:
● Google Analytics
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
● Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
● By logging in to their account
● Or by emailing us with your requested changes
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
● We will notify registered users via email within 7 business days
● We will notify the users via in site notification within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
● Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
● Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
● We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
● NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
● Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
● Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
● Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
● Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
● Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
● email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact Us form
● follow the instructions at the bottom of each email
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
American Ostrich Association
P.O. Box 218
Scurry, Texas 75158
Or our Contact Us form
There are also many pages found through search for all the members that are Standard, Silver, or Gold Business Level.
Copyright © 2023 American Ostrich Association - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder